Scroll down on this page to see our featured extra large optical readers for men. These represent our largest and highest quality men's readers. The reason the widest available readers happen to be better quality isn't because we're trying to sell more expensive glasses. Rather. mass produced cheaper glasses are made in huge huge quantities, so the manufacturers gear their production toward the MOST they can sell. This skews toward wide-average. However, we have curated a collection of the largest, which are prescription grade frames which we then outfit per order with top of the line pristine reading lenses. Most of the style below have an option to upgrade to computer lenses. Big Guy also comes in a bifocal. If you would rather view average-wide readers for under $20, visit here >>
1. BIG GUY- At 6-1/4" wide, Big Guy are the WIDEST, BIGGEST readers we've ever come across. And if that's not wide enough, they have spring hinges to accommodate even larger faces. Exceptional quality lenses and frames meet classic styling.
(Big Guy now also available in bifocal for $10 more >> and and SUN readers >>)
2. IKE- At 6-1/4" wide, Ike are just as wide as Big Guy and have the same height, only the arms are slightly shorter, Ike have150mm temples compared to 160 for Big Guy. Unlike Big Guy, Ike do NOT have spring hinges. . Other than color choices, and temple size, Ike and Big Guy are barely discernible. The shape, thickness of the frame, thickness of the stems, shape of the bridge are so alike we can't tell the difference unless we look at the branding and logo. And we've seen a LOT of glasses.
(Big Guy now also available in bifocal for $10 more >>)
3. SHARP~ At 6" x 1-2/3" they hold the title of second largest men's readers, tied with a few others in this collection. They don't make regular over the counter readers quite this large. In the opinion of the DebSpecs staff, Sharp are the most eloquent. The shiny black & rich tortoise in Sharp give them a more expensive appearance suited for business and formal wear.
4. ROMEO- 6" wide. Up until recently, Romeo held the title for the largest glasses at DebSpecs. They are still in high demand because of their superb quality acetate and rich formal look. $64.95
5. KING- 6" wide. Our hippest. King size readers are tied for second largest, but at a great price point and with sporty style. King extra large readers feature trending mis-matched temples, spring hinges, crystal clear optical lenses and a cool vibe. $36.95
6. Monte- 5-9/10" wide. A very close third place. Contemporary European style reading glasses with optical frames and lenses in handsome colors. $34.95 7. Gladiator- 5-3/4" wide. Most popular. $34.95 Also available with computer lenses for $10 extra. 8. Slam Dunk- 5-3/4" wide. Tied with Gladiator as our third largest. Trendy two tone rectangular frames with spring hinges and crystal clear optical lenses. $34.95
9. Prodigous- Just shy of 5-3/4" wide. Spring Hinge. Expensive looking frame. $34.95
10. New Texas Hold Em- $36.95 Also 5-2/3 wide with flexible stems, these readers not only accomodate extra large faces, they deliver on style and color. Notice on the news, awards shows and celebrity blogs how the best dressed guys these days using eyeglasses to infuse color into their fashion.
11. New Gazelle- $49.95 5-3/4" wide with spring hinges and a slick urban style.
12. New The Cloud- $36.95 5-2/3" wide with spring hinges and a retro cool style. It's rare to come across a ROUND reader that's THIS large!
13. New Stride- $39.95 (add $11 for computer lenses) These are 6" wide with spring hinges and simple classic rectangle shape balanced by super cool colors. This is the largest transparent reader we have ever come across! The matte black is also great choice if you like subdued.
14. New Clear Cut- $39.95
15. New Producer- $64.95 These are just OVER 5-3/4" wide and a whopping 2" in height so they will be substantial LOOKING on you, in addition to comfortably fitting most XL heads.
16. New Billions- $39.95 These are just ALMOST 6" wide yet a comparatively slim 1-1/2" in height so that even though they're made for wide heads, they're not imposing, and also easier to stare someone down over the top of them. Or...just look across the room over the top of them :)
17. New Rodney- $36.95 5-3/4" wide in cool matte colors, an edgy masculine shape and lightweight, durable material.
18. New Maverick- $39.95 Versatile for looks from sporty to formal with a flattering rectangle shape, spring hinges 5-2/3" x 1-3/4
19. New Murray- $59.95 Hi end, large presence, formal 5-3/4" x 1-3-4"